Tuesday, June 26, 2012

UFOs...Un-Finished Objects...

Due to our various moves, much of my sewing and quilting supplies were in storage for a number of years (not intentionally, it's just the way events came about). We also had a few family needs that required the use of my sewing room as a home/bedroom for various relatives at difficult times in their lives, which meant my sewing was packed in boxes and relegated to the garage/attic.  

I have many quilt tops where I made up the blocks and put them together, but never was able to finish the actual quilt with batting, back, and binding. 

I have several projects in which I bought the fabrics and the pattern, but never put the quilted piece together.  These include tablerunners, tablecloths, wall-hangings, small quilts and other pieces. 

I bought other patterns for future use as quilted/sewn gifts for various people.

And last, I have several projects given to me by other people to finish or repair. 

Over the next few months, I plan to finish these quilts/projects or pass them on to someone else to do (and to keep, if its stuff I'm no longer interested in). 

My ultimate goal is to NOT have a fabric stash.

After finishing up these projects, I plan to move on to other hobbies which I enjoy so much more, and will probably not return to quilting or sewing, except for the occasional project.

Time to clean up this sewing room!  

No comments:

Post a Comment