Friday, November 14, 2014

Another old project...

I first started this project about 10 years ago. It got buried in a storage box, too.  It's a pattern, still available, from this company.


Everything was done except the decorative elements, quilting and binding.  

I used silver conchos on the belt, the necklace has real beads, and the basket's decorative braids have silver beads at the ends. 

I free-motion quilted the sky and the sand dunes, outlined quilted the cacti and woman. Did some crosshatch on the lowest cactus, too. The borders are stitched in the ditch. 

I didn't want to quilt the skirt or top - I washed the quilt so it'd wrinkle a bit, giving the skirt fabric authentic folds. 


Stashbusting:

All the fabrics used were scraps I had laying around, except the gray borders. 

The backing fabric was given to me by a neighbor many years ago. 

Used several bobbins of different colored threads for the quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment