Sunday, September 27, 2015

I've actually been sewing...just not posting!

Mostly clothing repairs as needed  - hemming up pants, repairing assorted items, a small amount of altered clothing (I don't know how to do much, but I can take in some things), repairing some quilts, and so on.

Oh, and my parents happened to be at an auction and got me this. I have coveted one since I first began quilting 25 or so years ago. For those of you who do not know, this is the holy grail of quilters...

A SINGER FEATHERWEIGHT SEWING MACHINE!!!!!

Her group of machines was commissioned to be created on August 19, 1947 in Elizabeth, New Jersey, she weighs 11 pounds, is 11 inches long, has all 6 of her original feet, her original manual and obviously, her original can of oil (39 cents!). Plus her carrying case and a bunch of extra goodies that go with her.Needless to say, I am thrilled.





I also made a couple more kitchen sets like the one pictured in the December 2014 post. 

I've been making a few other things, too.  I have nieces who are expecting babies, so I made breast pads because they will be breastfeeding, and burp cloths. 


Breast pads


A stack of burp cloths made on my new Featherweight!

I will be making more things for the babies, too.  

*****

Stashbusting:

Several spools of thread
About 2 yards of various leftover flannels & yardsale receiving blankets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment