Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Family is coming to visit...

My family is coming to visit this summer!  YAY! That said, whenever family is here, one of our constant needs is laundry - doing it and keeping everyone's clothes straight. I decided this year that I would make laundry bags for everyone, and then, in a flash of inspiration, I decided to personalize some mesh lingerie and bra bags, too! I used clothesline as the drawstring, and when I cut it, I discovered the inner threads are rainbow colors, so the end tassels go perfectly with every bag.

Rather than make the mesh and bra bags, I bought some online, since the prices were so good that I couldn't make them less expensive. The links are for a quantity of 6 bags each. Both bags usually run $4-5 each in stores. The quality is very good, too. Here are the links to what I bought:

Bra Bags
Lingerie Bags

Here is the link to the laundry bag tutorial (also note in the photos of mine that I took some liberties with measurements). Each laundry bag is fully reversible and I used 3 fabrics for each one.

Laundry Bag Tutorial


 This is the first set of bags. I chose fabrics based on each young lady's favorite color. I cut the tab off the bra bags, and sewed a coordinating fabric tab on them. I cut the brand name off the mesh lingerie bags, and sewed a strip of coordinating fabric bias tape across the top of each one. The laundry bag is fully reversible and has a drawstring and a tab handle to carry it.


This is the second set of bags. The pink and green on the left is for a little girl, no need for bra and lingerie bags for her. :)


This set of bags is for the young ladies who already own bra and lingerie bags, so didn't need any.

I also plan to make some camo laundry bags for the men who will be visiting, too. 

Stashbusting:

3 partial spools of thread
Half a spool of clothesline
About 5-6 yards of stash fabrics

No comments:

Post a Comment