Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rail Fence Quilt

When I returned to the USA and began taking quilting classes, like all enthusiasts, I found catalogs of stuff to buy, including fabrics.  One of my kids found one of those catalogs and fell in love with a pack of 6 fat quarters, in the turquoises and blues of the tropical island where we used to live (Guam).  I bought the 6 fat quarters with the thought of making a quilt...someday.  That was probably 20 years ago.  Here is the Rail Fence quilt.  It measures 46 X 61. 


The front.


The back.  I used every scrap of the 6 fat quarters, except miniscule trimmings to square up the fabric.  The four little blocks are leftovers, and the large block was all the trimmings sewn together.  I even outlined the signature square with leftover pieces.

Domestic machine pieced, domestic machine quilted, stitched in the ditch. Backing blocks were sewn on by hand applique.

StashBusting:

6 fat quarters
2 yards muslin
1/3 yard of leftover fabric for binding

No comments:

Post a Comment