Friday, September 7, 2012

Stashbusting Baby Quilt

I was looking through some fabric and came across the remaining strips of the Triangle Sprider Web Quilt.  There were only a few so I whacked them into 2 inch strips.  They made four blocks and a spare.  Well, why not add triangles and set them on point? OK. Then I used the rest of the WOW fabric to piece the rest of it.  Of course, it needed a border, so I rootled around and found the peach fabric. Once that was done, it needed binding.


Despite careful placement and checking twice, I managed to sew the left bottom block upside down...and didn't see it until I photographed the finished quilt. 

Stashbusting:

1/4 yard of strip pieces from Triangle Spider Web Quilt
1 yard leftover fabric from back of the Double Irish Chain Quilt
Scraps from M-I-L Alma's quilt
1 yard of batting bought at a yard sale for $1.00
8 X 45 inches of leftover Christmas fabric for binding
1 yard of leftover white fabric

The quilt measures 36 inches by 40 inches.  Destined for the Swap Meet craft sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment