Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Green Quilt and more...

I wanted to make a simple, green, five-inch block quilt, no sashes, no borders, and a pieced back.  
I also wanted to use up all the less-than-a-yard light tans, white, and cream fabrics I had in my stash, to add interest to the green quilt. I started it on August 10, and finished it this evening. Machine pieced, machine quilted "stitch in the ditch," and machine binding.


The front. 
Once I finished piecing the blocks, I found 2 large pieces of batt that were cut from other projects, zig-zag sewed them together, and used that as the batting.


The back.
I used all the leftover blocks on the back. 
Its a generous lap quilt size, just right for snoozing kicking back in the recliner. :)

Best of all, in my stash-busting, I used up about 2 yards of various fabrics, plus batting leftover from other projects.  I did have to buy the greens and the backing fabric, but I'm happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment