Friday, August 10, 2012

Tablerunner Experiment...

I saw someone do a technique for making half square triangles and I wanted to try it since points are my downfall.  I forgot to take pictures, I'll do it another time.

Take two squares of cloth, put them right sides together, and sew a 1/4 inch seam all the way around.  Then, turn on point, and cut corner to corner, all four corners.  You will have little squares of HST, just press the seams.

Sounded like Christmas to me...so I cut 6 inch squares and did this with the striped and white fabrics. Then I added the 6 inch green squares. I used a decorative stitch on my machine to quilt the green squares and stitched in the ditch on the white/red squares.  A gold Hoffman Christmas fabric as the binding, and I was done.  

I will be experimenting with the HSTs again, and my decorative stitches, too.



I love Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment