Friday, August 3, 2012

A Little Treasure

We live way out in the country, and every Friday, I go shopping with my Mom and another neighbor.  It saves on gas, we do all our errands, and we have lunch at various establishments to round out the week.

We also yard sale.  We have the list from the paper, a GPS, and our coin purses filled with quarters and dimes (and the occasional dollar or two).  We've managed to find antiques, clothes, an assortment of dishes and knick-knacks, bikes, chairs, strollers, and even an appliance, or two.  

Today, some dude was cleaning out a storage unit.  There was a box of fabric.  I have made a promise to myself to not buy fabric unless its to finish a quilt.  However, as I rootled through the box, I found this.  I'm pretty certain it is very old and the fabrics look like feedsack.  I offered the dude $2...and he said, "OK, do you need a bag?" A bag?  Yep, he gave me the whole box of fabric, lace, rickrack, buttons, hook and eyes, cording, binding, and even a spool of thread for $2. 

I rootled through the bag when I got home.  All the extraneous notions and fabric lengths are going to a friend who has asked for extra fabric and scraps.  I'm keeping the tiny squares quilt block. 

No comments:

Post a Comment