Thursday, August 2, 2012

Double Irish Chain...

This quilt top was made about 15 years ago, one of the quilts I made for myself.  I wanted to do something to highlight my Husband's Irish roots (his grandmother came to America straight from County Cork). All the fabrics except the white have shamrocks on them.  The pattern is called Double Irish Chain and I put the 25 patch block between the "chains."

I had too much caffeine this evening, and decided since I finished Alma's quilt, I could get started on this one...it's 2 a.m.  I finished machine quilting this one, too.  However, I plan to do some hand-quilting in the white squares. 


 I made this table-topper for Alma when she went to Florida.  The shamrock in the center is hand-quilted with green thread.  (Sorry about the stain, it is rust and will not come out).


I plan to use this same hand-quilted shamrock on the white portions of the Double Irish Chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment