Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Two-Fers Surprise Quilt

I made a quilt at Christmas from a Quilt Soup Pattern  called Two-Fers that included the pattern for a second quilt, made from the remnants of the first quilt.  I thought the recipient only wanted the one quilt, but when I was showing her the pattern, she asked for the second quilt, too! 

Although we bought the material and some extra according to the pattern, there really wasn't enough to make the entire second quilt.  I had to piece together some of the remnants to get the squares and rectangles, and had to raid my stash for a bit of 4 more fabrics.

I thought I'd machine-applique the circles on...yeah, well, my skills aren't up to that.  I ended up hand-appliquing the circles.  With some supervision.


Dinah kept swatting my hand every time I passed the needle through the fabric and and pulled the thread. 
 

The front of the quilt.


There wasn't enough of the orange fabric to complete the back.  So I grabbed strips of leftover fabric and started sewing them together.  Still didn't have enough, so I took some of the border fabric  and sewed it to the bottom.  The circle is an extra, and I appliqued it to the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment