Sunday, August 19, 2012

Scrappy Baby Quilt

After I finished the Star Quilt & the Circle Patch Quilt from the Two-Fers pattern, I still had a pile of scraps left. In my continuing saga to use up all the fabric in my sewing room, I cruised the Internet looking for a good use for the scraps. 


The scrap heap.


Strip-piecing on 6 inch muslin foundation blocks.


47 X 47 inch baby quilt made from strip-pieced scraps.  The little blocks in the sashings are crazy quilted on the 6 inch foundation blocks, and then cut into 3 inch squares. I had to buy some backing fabric to finish the sashings and back.

I had a pile of larger scraps left over, too.  Originally, I pieced them together to become the back of the above quilt, but once done, I realized that with the backing fabric I'd already bought, I had enough to make another back and thus, another baby quilt, the same size!  

On the stash-busting front - for these 3 quilts, I used 4 spools of leftover thread, about 8 bobbins of leftover different colored threads, several yards of pieced together leftover batting, and about a yard and a half of muslin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment